Dress for the weather! Please wear coats, hats, gloves, etc. to be safe and comfortable during the coldest part of the year.
No school on January 20th for observance of Martin Luther King Jr.
Click here to access the Title 1 School Wide Plan
Sometimes you just need a little reminder of ways to improve your family''s eating and activity habits. It doesn't have to be drastic!! In fact, smaller steps are easier to follow and incorporate in to your family's routine! Try to make some healthy choices when eating and snacking! Instead of choosing ice cream, candy or chips, try eating some fresh veggies, fresh fruit, string cheese or even yogurt!
Some websites to go to for wellness:
Some tips for getting children moving:
1. Set a timer to remind kids to take an activity break from the computer or video games after 20 minutes!
2. Set aside time everyday for daily activity. Make it a part of your family's routine.
3. Children need 60 minutes a day for activity.
4. After a big meal take a family walk!
5. Make the backyard or front yard in to an obstacle course and have a family race!
6. Commercials offer a great opportunity to be active. Have kids do sit ups, push ups, or jumping jacks during them.
7. Playing catch with your child is a fun activity and teaches eye to hand coordination.
8. Promote activity rather than exercise to kids. Playing tag or hid-n-seek is an example of activity.
9. Bowling is a great family activity that gets one moving!
10. Celebrate success with fun activities instead of food or TV time!
2018-19 Bancroft School Improvement Goal
Our school wide goal is to develop academically tenacious students through the practice of using learning goals to positively impact our students' achievement.
2018-19 Metas de Mejoramiento Escolar:
Nosotros creemos que si temenos metas en toda la escuela de crear estudiantes academicamente tenaces por medio de la practica de usar los objetivos de aprendizaje sera un impacto positivo en el logro de los estudiantes.
2017-18 Bancroft School Improvement Plan
4) Attendance (Excessive Absences)
Decrease to 26%
Professional Development Focus
1. Number Sense
3. Implementation of Assessment Rubrics
4. Decrease Excessive Absences
5. Wellness – Nutrition, Nutritional Educational, Physical Activity, School-based Activity.
It is hard to believe that we are already to the first week of October. We are just a few short weeks away from the end of the first quarter. It is time to think about Fall Conferences (October 23rd and 24th).
Our fundraiser has begun. Thank you for helping our great school. Fundraisers are due October 11th.
Wenninghoff Family Night has changed from October 10th to October 9th due to the forecast of inclement weather.
As always, please feel free to stop by or call with any questions, concerns, or just to sop in and visit your child's classroom.
ZAP (click here for the Zoo After school Program) offers students fun and exciting
activities such as basketball, martial arts, cheerleading, arts & crafts, zoology, field
tripsfor your child.
ZAP starts at 4:05 pm with a nutritious snack provided to each
student. Next, is study hall where students receive one on one
assistance to complete their homework. Last, the staff has planned fun
filled, educational activities for you child to grow academically and
socially. This program is sponsored by the Henry Doorly Zoo. Any
questions please see Mr. Braxton.
Sponsor: Henry Doorly Zoo
Dec 11 Parent Information Meeting for Middle School Application Process
Dec 17 Holiday Program 9:30 and 2:00 pm
Dec 22 - Jan 6 Winter Recess